YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Embracing My Inner Herbivore

Today, I want to talk to you about my recent dive into the world of being vegetarian. This will be a bit more of a musing than an actual blog post, but I've been itching to get this out there.

I've always been interested in vegetarianism, but it wasn't until recently that I actually began to entertain the thought of becoming vegetarian myself. I've had multiple good friends that were vegetarian and/or vegan throughout my life, but recently I found out that a new friend of mine was also a vegetarian, and spent some time talking to her about it. After we talked the idea of changing my eating habits was swimming around in my head, and I decided to do some research on how I could incorporate a few vegetarian meals into my regular week.

Bad idea. I would recommend never researching where your food comes from if you ever want to eat meat again. It was awful. Suffice it to say, we live in a bubble of ignorance.

After that, I immediately cut meat out of my diet for an entire week. And I didn't even miss it. I've been eating a primarily vegetarian diet ever since. However since I'm still living at home, I can't eat totally vegetarian like I want to. So my diet is mostly vegetarian, with a bit of fish every once in a while. And a few times, emphasis on the few, I've had to have a bite or two of meat. But that's it. And even then, it's really hard to eat it knowing where it comes from.

So basically what I'm trying to say is I've made the switch, and I don't think I'll ever be going back. But maybe when I'm out on my own I'll purchase meat every once in a blue moon from a local farmer. But I suppose we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment