Friday, June 16, 2017

101 Things I'm Truly Thankful For

Completed for the 101 things in 1001 days challenge.
  1.  Close relationships with my immediate and extended family.
  2.  Loving parents.
  3.  My beautiful state.
  4.  The promises of the Lord.
  5.  The ability and financial means to live an eco-friendly lifestyle.
  6.  Having grown up in a godly household.
  7.  A house with A/C.
  8.  Clean, delicious water and ice available anytime.
  9.  Showers.
  10.  The ability to own a physical and digital copy of the bible, legally.
  11.  And the ability to worship freely whenever and wherever I want.
  12.  Free speech.
  13.  My ability to find the positive in everything.
  14.  Siblings who I actually get along with and love to hang out with.
  15.  The fact that I was actually able to afford a good college education without going into ridiculous amounts of debt.
  16.  Being in relatively good health.
  17.  Being able to control my hypoglycemia without medicine.
  18.  My amazing church family.
  19.  My amazing worship team family.
  20.  Access to the internet.
  21.  Two of the best, godliest, friends on planet earth.
  22.  A car that runs and has A/C for the hot summer days.
  23.  Having just enough financial aid money left over to cover my summer class.
  24.  Finding a career path that actually interests and excites me.
  25.  Living near enough to visit so many beautiful state parks.
  26.  My mom's laughter.
  27.  My dad's hugs.
  28.  When strangers smile or compliment me.
  29.  Making new friends.
  30.  The first day of Spring after a long winter.
  31.  When people go out of their way to make vegetarian meals for me.
  32.  People who pay attention to what makes you happy, and listen when you talk about those things.
  33.  A kitty who always knows when I need a snuggle.
  34.  The amazing feeling that hearing "America the Beautiful" gives me.
  35.  Pulling an earbud out while playing on worship team, and hearing all of the individual voices praising the Lord.
  36.  Being able to teach piano to such amazingly sweet students, and calling it my job.
  37.  Sitting in rays of sunshine.
  38.  Yoga. Because it makes exercising tolerable.
  39.  Local festivals in my state.
  40.  People who respect my choice to stay single.
  41.  That I was able to be homeschooled all through high school.
  42.  Small, local restaurants.
  43.  Pen-pals in other countries.
  44.  People who listen to God's movings, and tell you just the right word from him at the right time.
  45.  When lots of little experiences, good and bad, all fall into place and you can see the bigger picture.
  46.  That I live in a time where I can accomplish anything as a women, and that I am respected and have equal rights and opportunities.
  47.  Inserts that help my feet not be so incredibly flat.
  48.  All of the experiences I've had that have helped me learn who I am.
  49.  The fact that the Lord loves joy and laughter as much as I do.
  50.  Silent summer mornings on the lake.
  51.  Clean, country air.
  52. The thick fog I drove through on the way to my old job in the mornings.
  53.  The smoky mountains.
  54.  Essential Oils.
  55.  Zero-waste, and green options for everyday things.
  56.  Looking up at starry skies while camping.
  57.  My amazing clogging group that has become like a second family.
  58.  A beautiful guitar that sounds amazing and fits my awkward torso.
  59.  Our local farmers market.
  60.  My amazing clogging instructors.
  61. The fact that said amazing instructors let me borrow their banjo so I can learn to play.
  62.  Music streaming services (spotify) for allowing me to enjoy all of my favorite music without breaking my bank.
  63.  Low gas and food prices in my area.
  64.  Rainy days.
  65.  Prayer warriors.
  66.  Libraries.
  67.  Health food stores.
  68.  Being able to take a trip to Disney World with my whole family.
  69.  Having resources to learn Japanese readily available.
  70.  The fact that my dad made me take piano lessons since I was young, and wouldn't let me quit, even when I was bored with it.
  71.  Christmas traditions with my family.
  72.  Finding minimalism.
  73.  Finding Mori Kei.
  74.  Having been able to know both my Great Grandmother, and my Great Grandfather.
  75.  Having both sets of Grandparents in my life.
  76.  The fact that horses exist.
  77.  The fact that I don't have allergies.
  78.  Singing in harmony with my brothers.
  79.  Listening to my brothers record music for their youtube channel, Revolution Harmonics, or practicing music in general. They're all very talented.
  80.  Watching my parents make goo-goo eyes at each other. They're precious.
  81.  Getting conformation from God about things I've prayed for.
  82.  The fact that I've almost completely grown out of my asthma.
  83.  For growing up as a child not attached to technology 24/7, but also being allowed to play video games. That balance is important folks.
  84.  Being able to think things through logically, and not just believing what the popular idea of the moment is.
  85.  My adorable little cousins.
  86.  The fact that said cousins live close enough to visit more than once a year.
  87.  My gift of discernment.
  88.  That I was able to overcome my fear of needles.
  89.  Local parks, museums, and old houses full of history.
  90.  Really any bit of old history that has survived to today.
  91.  The fact that my parents taught me the importance of being smart with your money.
  92.  Asian Markets.
  93.  When friends trust me enough to tell me what's really going on in their lives.
  94.  People who respect the fact that I am not tethered to my phone, and don't bug me about answering texts.
  95.  Toddlers, and their precious honesty.
  96.  The sound of a babbling creek.
  97.  Being able to help strangers.
  98.  Having strangers help me in return.
  99.  The fact that my mom taught me how to make a prayer journal.
  100.  Growing up always having enough to live comfortably. No matter how much we had to pinch pennies.
  101.  Being able to come up with this many things to be thankful for. I'm beyond blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment